Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Archie Manning custom was on ESPN


As an Ole Miss fan, there were few highlights on Saturday night's telecast of the Texas-Mississippi game on ESPN.

I saw some encouraging moments from Jeff Scott and transfer quarterback Bo Wallace (could there BE a better name for an SEC quarterback?), but overall the 66-31 beating the 'Horns put on Ole Miss was painful t watch.

There was a personal highlight for me, however, when my 1955 Topps All-American style Archie Manning custom card was shown -- twice!

Luckily I had recorded the game because I had to pick my wife up from the airport. At 33 minutes into the game, in a cutaway before a commercial break, I caught a glimpse of something familiar. I had to rewind to be sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

Sure enough; there was my Archie Manning custom on the screen.

It came on again at 2:33 into the game, in a little longer segment about Manning. The corner of my Eli Manning custom card was also visible on the screen. 

If you go back to my blog posting of just about a year ago, on Sept. 25, 2011, you can find the story about how my four Ole Miss customs came to be on display in Hollingsworth-Manning Hall on the campus.

It was a real thrill to see my work on national television.

In that same 2:33-in segment, a photo of Archie Manning in an Ole Miss baseball uniform was shown. I'd love to get a copy of that photo to create some sort of custom of Archie Manning as a baseball player.

As the on-air commentators did a couple of times towards the end of the game, I have to mention the class shown by Texas coach Mack Brown in not running up the score on their last drive. As bad as the loss was, having an opponent score 70+ points would have been even worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment